[lbo-talk] Catholicism, was Re: blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 13:01:40 PST 2008

"When I hear the word "culture" I reach for my revolver"?

--attributed to Herrman Goering, but in fact due to the Nazi playwright Hanns Johst, subject of the film Mephisto

or maybe

"When I hear the word "culture" I reach for my checkbook"?

-- the vulgar American film producer Jeremiah Prokosch (played by Jack Palance) in the Godard's brilliant film Contempt (if you want to see Brigitte Bardot naked, this film's for you) (also if you want to see Fritz Lang playing Fritz Lang directing a movie-within-the-movie based on the Odyssey) (hey, I said it was Godard flick, remember?)