[lbo-talk] Fucking white assholes, kiss my ass

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 17 15:57:19 PST 2008

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Other than that X guy, whatever his name is, there's Nat Turner, Harriet
> Tubman, some dude called King, Fred Hampton, and a whole bunch of people,
> many of whom remain anonymous, who worked and fought against racism and
> apartheid. Some of them were shot, beaten, or hanged. Remarkable? Depends on
> what moves you, I suppose.

let me give a name no one outside of Bloomington/Normal will recognize, but let her stand for thousands without whom the big names would themselves be unknown: Beulah Kennedy. You might look up an interview with her on the web site of the McLean Countgy Historical Society. And for what my testimony is worht -- visiting her on the day before her death my final words to her were "It has been a privilege to know you and an honor to be your friend."

Carrol