[lbo-talk] Juan Cole on the other sides of Rick Warren

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 18:54:33 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM, W. Kiernan <wkiernan at gmail.com> wrote:

"On the other hand you can do that old 'wow-ee how we hate all infidels,
> most particularly them ka-wheers'

Whose accent are you clumsily attempting to insult? I've never heard the last word here pronounced with even the hint of a second syllable. (And in New York's young leftist circles, you can be sure I hear it pronounced by people with a very broad range of accents.)