[lbo-talk] Jello nominates me

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 13:08:45 PST 2008

> Accept what? To "advise" him? Of course. Why not?
>
> Doug

I had a dream about the same thing. Think blogging feeds Narcissus?

"The anointed one appeared to me. It was very vivid, with Obama, sitting outside on stone steps, white shirtsleeves rolled up, necktie loosened, shook his head at my opposition to his coming rule. He flashed that smile, asking me what I was so angry about. I tried to answer, but was overwhelmed by his presence. He emitted a weird warmth that felt phony yet comforting. Obama then proposed that I write for him.

"You serious?"

"Sure. You wrote for Nader, right? I could use that kind of material."

"Sorry, Mr. President, but I don't think you want someone like me on your staff."

"Why not?"

"Well, look at my published work. My God, the press and the Republicans would crucify you!"

"Naw. They're too busy kissing my ass. Besides, you wouldn't work directly for me. You'd answer to Rahm."

"I awoke in panic, barely able to breathe. The helicopters had returned."

Yeah, helicopters. Something I share with my Michigan militia brethren.

Dennis