[lbo-talk] Straub piece

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 22 13:50:50 PST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Do I want to ask what one of those looks like?

The original appellation was in an ad for Corruptions of Empire, I think. There's a follow-up in the May 1, 1989, Nation that takes off from it: "I fear that James (Wanker) Wolcott has become discomfited by my speculations about the ravages wrought upon his countenance by solitary vice. In the April Vanity Fair he made one of his habitual middlebrow forays into middlebrow culture, reviewing the fiction of Kingsley Amis...." Etc.