[lbo-talk] Analyst: Game over for GM stockholders; shares fall 21%

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 23 12:57:52 PST 2008

Charles Brown wrote:
> Analyst: Game over for GM stockholders; shares fall 21%
>

> “We think existing equity holders will be largely, if not entirely,
> wiped out in the process,” Ceraso wrote.

I know a few people who are buying Ford and GM (not Chrysler however) on the belief that the new administration will simply not let these two fail. Letting Chrysler fail would be the administrations lame attempt to signal that they haven't completely abandoned market principles. While I expect this is how things will go down it isn't a strongly held expectation.

John Thornton