[lbo-talk] Living beyond one's means

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 23 13:36:48 PST 2008

In the last few hours I've read more sympathetic coverage for Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet than I've read for the tens of thousands of defaulting home owners "trying to live beyond their means". //Villehuchet's investment was apparently leveraged 150%. I've yet to read anyone excoriating Villehuchet for trying to live beyond his means, rather he's respected and honored for his humanity, kindness and generosity. That bit of moral failing is apparently reserved for the working class.

John Thornton