[lbo-talk] Living beyond one's means

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Dec 24 11:31:02 PST 2008

On Dec 24, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Bah. I just do not unbderstand why anyone should need a moral
> argument.
> Those of us who are actually working to destroy capitalism (whether as
> Marxists or under some other heading) merely one day found ourselves
> alrready in that process and looked around for an analysis which would
> clarify (NOT justify) that struggle.

Oh yeah. You one day just decided that a thing called capitalism exists and that it could be superseded. Analyses such as Marx's had no effect on either the perception or the desire.

I can't believe you really think this. You have yourself so painted into an anti-moralizing corner that you talk nonsense. Give it up. Thinking capitalism is "bad" doesn't make you mushy-headed or banal or anything you'd rather not be.

Doug