[lbo-talk] they don't make mega-bears like they used to

fcassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:44:51 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM, SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In his US News interview he also said there was a 1 in 3 chance of a
> Japan-like decade of stagnation. Japan is Japan, but I don't think the
> American polity/psyche could handle that without some deep adjustments.
>
> SA

Wait... I thought the rest of the world "hated" the US "because of your freedoms" !.

Are you telling me America ain't #1? -sorry, couldn't resist- ;-)

And yes, I think you're right. That's why I had hopes of a McCain win... that would have meant riots by the middle of his first year. Sad, of course, but that would have also ensured no other GOP presidency in at least following three terms...

FC