[lbo-talk] Correcting Wikipedia's rosy view on Dornbusch

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 26 12:35:39 PST 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> I have added two humble contributions to Rudi Dornbusch's entry on
> the whackypedia.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Dornbusch
>
> See two paragraphs under "Criticism".
>
> Let me know if you see anything blatantly wrong or worth correcting...

An addition:

"The U.S. economy likely will not see a recession for years to come. We don’t want one, we don’t need one, and, as we have the tools to keep the current expan- sion going, we won’t have one. This expansion will run forever."

Rudi Dornbusch, “Growth Forever,” Wall Street Journal, July 30, 1998, p. A18.