[lbo-talk] State run shit?

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 19:32:45 PST 2008

Is state run necessarily more efficient than private? I don't think so. A lot of state-run enterprises in China are riddled with corruption and Communist Party managers often exploit the hell out of workers and put a lot of money in their own pockets. I wrote a short article on the state-run taxi service in China that points that out (I interviewed a lot of Beijing Taxi drivers for that piece). It is not a lone case.

So, State run is not necessarily better. It's a political question of worker's control.