[lbo-talk] they don't make mega-bears like they used to

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 05:10:26 PST 2008

Ted Winslow wrote:

> Ironically, it's also the source of the inability to see any positive
> conception of the ethical, such as the one that informs the political
> economy of Keynes and Marx, as anything other than a hiding place for a
> will to sadistic domination.
>
> Ted

Which philosophers/sociologists/economists/political theorists claim the above?

No self-serving, question begging mischaracterizations of their views, please..............

What evidence do we have that the ethics of pre-industrial thinkers like Aristotle will be [or even are] of any use whatsoever when the human species achieves material-institutional abundance with extremely complex technological systems? If such abundance is even achievable on a planet of 6+ billion.

Are geneticists/cell biologists who move from the US to Singapore to avoid ethical rules/polices regulating research practices unethical? And if so, which ethical theories support the claim?

Ian