[lbo-talk] The Liberal Morality: Shtum on Atrocities

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Dec 29 09:30:18 PST 2008

> That's very nice, but I'm guessing that a majority of Americans supports
> Israel.

Hmmm. I wonder about that. Maybe they do, but if so, it's held up by shaky scaffolding. I've been scanning various websites and blogs over the past few days, and I'm surprised and a bit heartened by the expanding critiques of Israel's assault. There wasn't this much "questioning" of Israel during its 2006 bombing of Lebanon, so clearly something's going on. How deep it is and where it'll lead is something else.

American elites solidly support Israel, no matter what. That's a predictable constant.

Dennis