[lbo-talk] The Liberal Morality: Shtum on Atrocities

Sheldon Baker humanist.observer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:07:57 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

> I've been with these people, so I know of what I speak. I'm happy that
> they're out there, but they're not building much, if anything at all, which
> is why I no longer work with them. They wave their signs for an hour, then
> go home to herbal tea and NPR.
>

> Dennis

Ok, I concede, going home to herbal tea and NPR is despicable. Not much better than the old ladies I used to occasionally join on the weekly street corner protest with signs urging people to "honk for peace" who went home to their Geritol, but at least they listened to Democracy Now!

But of course all of that is better than what happens in the small decaying town where I am, not even a tiny protest, and its Coors drinking and listening to the Sean Hannity show. Oh what I would do for some herbal tea drinking, NPR listening hippies!