[lbo-talk] bertell ollman article

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Dec 30 09:09:03 PST 2008

--- On Fri, 12/26/08, John Thornton

> In my opinion most agitprop is silly but generally by
> necessity.
> Silly by necessity is still silly however.

Why does agitprop need be silly, although I agree with you it usually is?

^^^^ CB: I can see agitation being usually "silly". Not propaganda or political education. The notion that propaganda is supposed to be silly sounds like bourgeois _propaganda_, residual anti-Communist propaganda on the non-Communist left. It's like the left catching the bourgeois media campaign "disease" against the use of the terms "politically correct" . "Politically correct" is not a silly notion. The idea that there are no politically correct positions is bourgeois liberal dumbshit.