[lbo-talk] Ann Savage RIP

magcomm magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 30 10:13:58 PST 2008

"Man, she looked like she had been thrown off the crummiest freight train in the world! Yet in spite of that, I got the impression of beauty, not the beauty of a movie actress, mind you, or the beauty you dream about with your wife, but a natural beauty, a beauty that's almost homely, because it's so real."

At this time of holiday cheer, I hope we can remember the passing of Ann Savage, the femme fatale to end all femme fatales in Edgar G. Ulmer's DETOUR (1945), made in only 6 days and far better than a much more heralded 6-day creation.

"Say who do you think you're talking to - a hick? Listen Mister, I been around, and I know a wrong guy when I see one. What'd you do, kiss him with a wrench?"