[lbo-talk] Cuban Pain

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 18:33:19 PST 2008

Possibly my standards have just been lowered to limbo levels after 8 years of Shrub's reign of error, but I just thought the whole effect was the muddled mishmash of maudlin themes steeped only very slightly in actual politics.

The headline has hardly anything to do with the tearjerker themes of family separation / reunification, financial support, and anticipated change in US policy. One might also wonder just why this particular dissident lost at sea story attracted the attention of the New York Times. But wanting to deal with the humanitarian issues of family contact is a long way from incisive comment about a whole bunch of political issues.

DC