[lbo-talk] Carl Remick, RIP

shag at cleandraws.com shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Feb 1 13:20:41 PST 2008

This sucks sucks sucks. SUCKS. Carl was so supportive when we started the freelancing biz. He gave me great feedback, and made me feel that while I had no training in his field, I was on the right track. Not that Carl would ever think this was a thing to be proud of, but high praise from a wordsmith like Carl? It meant more to me than I was ever able to convey.

Like Chuck Grimes, Carl was among the posters I'd read when I couldn't read every post this past year because I was too busy. Even while I might not have agreed with him, he made me laugh and he was masterful with words.

And thanks to Andy for hunting down the address so we can send cards, flowers, etc. to his wife. Does anyone know if he had a cause to which he wanted folks to donate?

Man. That post he wrote to the list breaks my freakin' heart.Total Suckage.