[lbo-talk] open sourceness and its problems

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Feb 1 19:21:17 PST 2008

Jodi Dean edited the volume, Reformatting Politics: Information Technology and Global Civil Society, along with Geert Lovink and Jon W. Anderson. She pointed to a review (here, http://rccs.usfca.edu/bookinfo.asp?ReviewID=543&BookID=391 ) at her blog <http://jdeanicite.typepad.com/i_cite/2008/01/review-of-refor.html>. This caught my attention:

"Jamie King moves on to theorize openness and the problem of seeing open source as a technosocial precondition for emerging radical democracy, as he finds cryptohierarchies and structurelessness masking power in his studies of People's Global Action, Indymedia, and the Euraction hub."

I'm headed off to the library's Web site to put it on interlibrary loan!