[lbo-talk] Australia experiences hottest January ever

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 3 19:29:01 PST 2008

Steve Robinson posted this article:

snip... The most extreme temperatures in January were in Western Australia and the Northern Territory -- regions with vast tracts of desert -- which had their hottest January on record.

In the outback town of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory, the coolest day of the month was 36 degrees (97 Fahrenheit).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080201/sc_afp/australiaclimateweather_08020105 1820;_ylt=AoAZUqL6_mbtnCGGwldhu8FrAlMA **********

It's been in the mid to high 30s Centrigrade in Perth for the past week. It's a relatively cool 90F right now as I write; but praise the lard, we're expecting a thunder shower this evening.

Good thing the state Labor government had the sense to have a desalinsation plant built and there's another one on the boil, set to open in a couple of years. Of course, the conservative opinion spinners attacked the plan to have the first one put up and are attacking the second as well as being "too expensive".

Mike B)

http://www.iww.org.au/node/10 "Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.iww.org/en/join

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail