[lbo-talk] ABORTION

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Feb 3 21:03:54 PST 2008

Joanna wrote:

> Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> But eliminating pregnancy
> doesn't solve the problem. It just shoves it to the side.

for the particular woman 'the' problem is that she is pregant and doesn't want to be. Abortion. Problems solved. Unless all the people abour her whine and roar and whimper about how terrible abortion is and create a new problem for her by the social pressure.

It's that pressure I'm fighting against. There are many other problems of course and so what. Pregancy can ruing a woman's life -- or takeit. For the woman concerned it is the only problem.

I changed the subject line thinking of a hypothetical reader -- some 19-year old college student who finds herself pregnant and the victim of too much balderdash about what a heavy decision abortion is. Maybe googling Abortion will bring her to this post and someone telling her -- go it! You're fine. Get rid of it and lead your life.

Carrol