[lbo-talk] big daddio virgin fuckers in the sky was Re: ABORTION

shag at cleandraws.com shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Feb 4 05:59:27 PST 2008

> Joanna wrote:
>>
>> Dwayne Monroe wrote:
>
>> But eliminating pregnancy
>> doesn't solve the problem. It just shoves it to the side.
>
> for the particular woman 'the' problem is that she is pregant and
> doesn't want to be. Abortion. Problems solved. Unless all the people
> abour her whine and roar and whimper about how terrible abortion is and
> create a new problem for her by the social pressure.
>
> It's that pressure I'm fighting against. There are many other problems
> of course and so what. Pregancy can ruing a woman's life -- or takeit.
> For the woman concerned it is the only problem.
>
> I changed the subject line thinking of a hypothetical reader -- some
> 19-year old college student who finds herself pregnant and the victim of
> too much balderdash about what a heavy decision abortion is. Maybe
> googling Abortion will bring her to this post and someone telling her --
> go it! You're fine. Get rid of it and lead your life.
>
> Carrol

FTR, i loathe the positions taken by Joanna, Dennis, and others who get enjoyment out of denying they wish to regulate women's lives and like to dispense their judgment instead. It is a bizarre form of politics that wants to deny its desire for power. Joanna's is the epitomy of identity politics -- where women have something special and different from men, entrenched in their being as a result of socialization natch, and the only thing standing in our way is ideology that warps our silly girl minds because we want to be like men.

Dennis, unlike someone like CGE who I actually respect b/c not once that I recall has he ever been so dismissive of women that he's dared been as assholish as Dennis on this topic. IOW, CGE has a god and admits he believes in god. Dennis does too but wants to pretend that he doesn't believe in Big Daddio Virgin Fucker in the Sky. As a consequence, Dennis, you are so haunted by the ghosts of his spiritualism and, apparently, his loathing of women that he never fails to register is disgust for anyone who doesn't think of undead baby killing like him.

FTR Dennis, I've had two abortions and didn't feel like you want me to: all torn up and upset bedause I'd have rather have given birth. Not really, not at that time. And I'm sick and tired of the insistence that anyone has to wring their hands over the decision as if it's any different than popping a pill or rolling a condom on. There is no undead baby to kill, fuckers, until I've decided there is. Until then, in a jar daddio, in a jar.

No one should have to have a child. Ever. I don't give a rat's why she doesn't want one and whether or not it fits into some asshole's tidy moral universe of when it's ok and when it's not. Nor do I think any woman -- or man -- should have to sit around and justify their decision by saying, *sob* I didn't want to do this, but my hand was forced. I couldn't afford it."

This is precisely the identity politics of victimization I loathe. And yet our vocal critcs of identity politics are its snapiper defendents.

Even in a perfect world, there will be women who DO NOT WANT children. Men who DO NOT WANT children. Who gives a flying fuck whether they get an abortion to fit into a prom dress or has one because they don't think they'd be good parents or because they don't want to change their lifestyle.

No one should give a shit. In a jar daddio. In a jar.

I know: Dennis is there, arms folded, judging women and men like me as horrible horrible people who will get their's someday. Never you fear. Dennis knows that there's something out there and it waits in judgment, something that will ensure that he gets his punitive wish: that sick fuckers he judges unworthy of the human race will eventually have exacted upon them the wrath of that big daddio virgin fucker in the sky.

Oh, I know, it's just such a immoral crummy world when people don't care about *life* damn it. Don't they know, like Joanna who has reminded me three times that the reason why I couldn't find work was that I was paying off karmic debt, I'll be punished some day. but don't you worry. If I can't enforce my moral beliefs on everyone else, I have karmic debt to ensure that the epople who do things I disapprove of will be punished some day.

*smug*

And it's just such an immoral crummy world when people don't care about one another and women don't get together and help each other out. Spare me.

why women should be the ones to do such a thing is nothing more than an example of the worst form of identity politics out there.

feh.

ant that *is* my civilized response.