[lbo-talk] Save the Doodle!

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Feb 5 08:19:02 PST 2008

tully wrote:
> Should have added "lumber store" after the word "indie" in my
> first paragraph below, which could otherwise be misinterpreted.
> Lumber from indie hardware stores is indeed rarely a good
> source, as you say, but indie lumber stores are the best source
> I've found. Many here in NC are warehouses many times larger in
> area than the big box section that holds lumber and there is
> usually a far better selection to be had. I hope you have indie
> lumber stores there half as good as the ones here in NC. You'd
> still do better than the wood at the big box stores.

We probably have some good indie lumber yards around this town. There is one local chain that isn't an option: Sutherlands. I'm not going to buy lumber from a bunch of right-wingers.

There is a really good indie hardware store in the old Ranchmart center on the border of Leawood and Overland Park. I forget their name, but they have a staff that is always eager to help you.

You guys will get a kick out of this: I'm currently doing my community service at a local Habitat for Humanity Restore. That's right, doing my "hard time" at the hardware store.

Chuck