[lbo-talk] I hope you all vote(d) for Obama

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Feb 5 12:16:10 PST 2008

``How is forcing people to pay for private....'' Jenny Brown

It will probably be modeled on mandiatory car insurance, coupled with a tiered subsidy, and probably a combination of employee, employer contributions. Hopefully, the manditory requirement has regulatory backup to make coverage entirely uniform.

It is definitely not my idea of a good plan. But it does, as Krugman noted, one thing. It sets the stage for single payer, universal system. And as the Right will no doubt argue, it is a back door to a later form of socialized healthcare.

I realize it is an extremely weak argument. I won't defend it much beyond that.

This morning I was doing a survey of people I run into. Every one of them were on the fence.

CG