[lbo-talk] "yes we can"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 6 10:13:15 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 1:00 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>> And watching this video I learned that the words come from BHO
>> himself:
>>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY>.
>>
>> God that's awful.
>
> But incredibly slick and effective. One can appreciate first-rate
> propaganda
> without succumbing to its lure.

I don't see this as first rate propaganda. I see it as pure schlock. If I want first-rate propaganda, I'll watch Triumph of the Will.

People compare BHO with Reagan. But with Reagan, there was some actual political substance behind his slick exterior. You knew pretty much what he stood for, and what he was likely to do. It was a coherent ideology presented at a historically propitious moment. What is Obama ideology? It all reminds me of the candidate in Nashville.

Doug