[lbo-talk] black power

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Wed Feb 6 19:23:51 PST 2008

For roots of black radical thought I think Crisis of the Negro Intellectual by Harold Cruse is a classic. There is some kind of new edition that Stanley Crouch is involved with that I would be wary of. I don't know if any of the books on the BPP are any good. I always thought well of Bobby Seale, who wrote one of them. Newton and Carmichael had all sorts of problems, IMO.