[lbo-talk] Count Copula and the "yes we can" speech

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Thu Feb 7 03:06:47 PST 2008

That would depend on how much equity they have in the house. I drove by the house the other day; the lot that they didn't formally own but that was really part of their yard is now up for sale, so the loss of the yard combined with the soft real estate market and a mortgage of unknown size may well push their equity in the house to below $1 million. But they're not poor, by any means. While Barack has been pursuing his political career, the University of Chicago has made sure that they're both well taken care of by giving Michelle jobs, first in community relations and then, as Barack's star has risen, in a very well paid job in hospital administration ($300K+), despite the obvious fact that she has no experience as a hospital administrator.

Michael McIntyre