[lbo-talk] last minute endorsement

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 06:40:39 PST 2008

Right -- what a politician says in public does not matter very much. It is scripted to appeal to the audience to get a definite result.

I think the Bush-Putin relationship is a good example here. The US and Russian governments bash each other regularly. Yet, their respective outgoing presidents appear to be friends, and go fishing. Both are perfectly aware that their public pronouncements are really a bunch of blah-blah directed to their electorates in their respective countries and do not really matter. What matters is not what they say in public, but what they say to each other in private, as in the backroom deal on Iran I still think likely took place.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs