[lbo-talk] "yes we can"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 07:17:05 PST 2008

"The sexual effect of a uniform, the erotically provocative effect effect of rhythmically executed goose stepping, the exhibitionistic nature of militaristic procedures, have been more practically comprehended by a salesgirl or an average secretary than by our most erudite politicians. On the other hand it is political reaction that consciously exploits these sexual interests. It not only designs flashy uniforms for the men, it puts recruiting into the hands of attractive women... 'Travel to foreign countries -- join the Royal Navy!' and the foreign countries were portrayed by exotic women." - Wilhelm Reich, _Mass Psychology of Fascism_

i.e. "More libidinal patriarchal authority fixations" at http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-August/018936.html

And here is one pathetic upshot:

http://community.livejournal.com/militarycouture/10563.html

-B.

Dennis Perrin wrote:

"Doesn't mean I can't appreciate the art of trying to bend people's minds. Some of it is technically quite good, despite whatever ghastly message is being sent.
>From what I've seen in recent times, Nazi and KKK
propaganda is low-grade and clunky. They don't make 'em like Riefenstahl anymore."

J. Thorton:

"Yeah, I just love appreciating Nazi propaganda for it's slick effectiveness. And slick KKK pamphlets. What's not to appreciate about the well designed ones? Especially the eye catching ones with the clean pressed white sheets that almost seem to glow."