[lbo-talk] last minute endorsement

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 7 07:20:25 PST 2008

B. wrote:

> Honestly, though, my annoyance at the Ron Paul-o-mania
> of the last year has been replaced with an annoyance
> at the Barack-o-mania I see around me now.

At least the Ron Paul-mania is taking the teeth out of the 9/11 "truth" movement. It's hilarious how the Ron Paul fanatics overlap with the 9/11 conspiracy crowd and the Alex Jones fans. If somebody comes up to you talking about the North American Union and Ron Paul, then it's time to RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

Last week this grizzled guy came into the infoshop to turn off power to our building. He looked around and said something about us being a countercultural bookstore. His eyes lit up, but for the wrong reasons. He started going off about Alex Jones and the North American Union. He said that he liked Alex Jones and Ron Paul because "they were going to do the right thing to shut the borders and keep those people out."

I was tempted to say something critical, but I was running interference with the guy in order to buy time for the owner to show up and pay the electric bill.

I just wonder how many of the 9/11 Truthers and Ron Paul activists attended the Minuteklan convention here last weekend.

Chuck