[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter loses it over McCain

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Feb 7 08:32:32 PST 2008

>>> Doug Henwood

From Goldwater Girl to Hillary Girl by Ann Coulter Posted: 02/06/2008

Nominating McCain is the gesture of a desperate party.

^^^^^ CB: Given that the rightwingers seem to dislike McCain so much, the evangelists prefer Huckabee, and that, as Carrol pointed out on PEN-L, McCain as the war candidate is the most likely to be able to end the war ( Carrol and I will explain if anyone wants), I'm considering endorsing McCain for Pres.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, sometimes.

Look at all the good stuff Coulter points out about him:

On the litmus test issues of our time, only partially excluding Iraq,

McCain is a liberal.

-- He excoriated Samuel Alito as too "conservative."

-- He promoted amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants.

-- He abridged citizens' free speech (in favor of the media) with McCain-Feingold.

-- He hysterically opposes waterboarding terrorists and wants to shut

down Guantanamo.

Can I take a breath now?

-- He denounced the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

-- He opposes ANWR and supports the global warming cult, even posturing with fellow mountebank Arnold Schwarzenegger in front of solar panels.

The only site that would have been more appropriate for Schwarzenegger in endorsing McCain would have been in front of an abortion clinic.

Although McCain has the minimum pro-life record demanded by the voters of Arizona, in 2006, McCain voted in favor of using taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos. He opposes a constitutional amendment to protect human life. And he frets that if Roe v. Wade were overruled, women's lives would be "endangered." This

is the same John McCain who chides Mitt Romney today for "flip- flopping" on abortion. At least Romney flips and stays there.