[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter loses it over McCain

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 7 12:06:29 PST 2008

I really doubt McCain has much of a chance. All that terrorism and war shit has lost much of its resonance. Just ask Rudy Giuliani. McCain is winning the Rep nomination because he's perceived as the most "liberal" of the bunch. He's not liberal, of course, but compared to Ann Coulter, he is. But as former Bush adviser Matthew Dowd said, if you're criticizing us but doing so using our language, we're still winning. The fact that the GOP is worrying about electability, just like the Dems in 2004, suggests that the terrain has shifted.