[lbo-talk] I hope you all vote(d) for Obama

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Feb 7 20:23:18 PST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:01 PM, Julio Huato wrote:

>> Also, I realize you're not a Clinton fan, and I realize that her
>> supporters
>> call her Hillary. But is there some reason you find it useful to
>> use her
>> first name and not also his? (I don't want to make Max and Dennis
>> feel like
>> I think they are the only woman haters here, yanno?)
>
> I do it to distinguish between her and Bill. Michelle Obama is much
> less well known.

Well then, why not call her by her *chosen* name--Mrs. Clinton. After all, that sums up her famous "experience." If she were running as Hillary Rodham it would be an altogether different election.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos