[lbo-talk] I hope you all vote(d) for Obama

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 8 06:35:20 PST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 8:39 AM, shag wrote:

> i'll try again: I don't get why the insistence that young people
> are "poor"
> or "poorer" in a way that connects them to the kind of "poor" or
> "poorer"
> we usually mean.

Yeah. If people have low incomes just because they're young, they're not poor in the same sense as a 40-y.o. with a poverty-level income is. The interesting regression would be income relative to the average for the age group. The people I see hawking Obama literature on the streets of NYC are young, but they look fairly posh.

Doug