[lbo-talk] BHO's latest endorsement: Kim Gordon

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 8 13:18:47 PST 2008

[this one breaks my heart - I've had a crush on KG for more than 20 years! "more realistic"? "straight talker"?? "I really like his wife"]

<http://wonkette.com/354372/sonic-youths-kim-gordon-joins-obama-youth>

SHE USED TO BE COOL Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon Joins Obama Youth

But what do noise/punk/grunge pioneers Sonic Youth think of the 2008 Democratic race? Kim Gordon is “inspired” by Barack Obama, that’s what! She will support him, she tells Wonkette’s Liz Glover … even though Gordon admits Obama and Hillary are basically the same, as far as politics. This is what passes for “Fashion Week” these days. And here’s another funny thing: If Barry Obama becomes president, we’ll have a president eight years younger than Sonic Youth’s bassist. Think about it.