[lbo-talk] Obama, community organizer

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 08:24:16 PST 2008

--- dredmond at efn.org wrote:

> That said, the ultimate credit should go to the
> people of Vietnam, who
> fought for thirty years, against crushing odds, and
> at an inconceivable
> human cost, to win their independence.

[WS:] Do not forget the USSR that provided material support. Without that support Vietcong would not get very far, as the case of Khmer Rouge illustrates. Khmer Rouge rot in the jungle until they started getting Chinese help and weapons (to counterbalance the Soviet and Vietcong inlfuence in the area) - and that changed the balance of power in favor of Khmer Rouge. Chances are that without Soviet material support, Vietnam today would be a carbon copy of Korea.

PS. I think that US liberals and lefties should travel to Moscow and kiss the soil there in gratitude for the benefits they received from the Soviet counter-acting the US imperialism. Just look what happened in the US when USSR ceased to be a threat to the US imperial elite.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ