[lbo-talk] Obama, community organizer

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Feb 11 08:28:22 PST 2008

>>> John Thornton

In one biography of Nixon the claim is made that seeing a huge protest

on TeeVee is what made Nixon change his mind about using Nukes. I wasn't there so I can't say but the report is credible. Nixon was angry the Chinese were continuing to supply the NV's

^^^^^ CB: Late in the war, the Chinese stopped supporting the Vietnamese; and even started a little fight with them. It was the Soviets who supported the Vietnamese all the way through.

^^^^^

and I think he also thought using Nukes would scare them out. It's been awhile since I read all this stuff so maybe I'm misremembering but I don't think so.