[lbo-talk] primaries strategy

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:22:07 PST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 9:40 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> His views on taxes are
> also intresting - his stance against the IRS will
> likely resonate with the US public but unlike IRS
> bashing righwingers - he is proposing a defacto tax
> on consumption, which is not a bad thing, as it may
> discourage mindless consumption. And it does not have
> to be regressive with his idea of tax rebates and
> perhaps different tax rates for diffrent category of
> products.

I don't know which "IRS bashing righwingers" you're talking about, but the ones I dislike, at least, seem to favor these sorts of flat taxes.

It sounds an awful lot like vintage Alan Keyes Kool-Aid from 2000. At least Keyes would have exempted essential goods from taxation.

(My freshman roommate led our campus Students for Keyes chapter. I'm still a little unclear on whether he was also its only member.)