[lbo-talk] Toxic Fiscalism

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Feb 12 04:14:20 PST 2008

Another straw in the wind.

HRC:

"So when I hear Senator Obama talk about that, I wonder which fights he wouldn't fight. Would he have not fought to get to a balanced budget and a surplus and help create 22 million new jobs?"

a) Clinton did not balance the budget. He did reduce the deficit. b) Neither the balanced budget nor Clinton "create(ed) 22 million new jobs." This is reactionary fiscal doctrine. c) A commitment to the BB or worse, surplus, is profoundly reactionary, not least alongside a commitment to maintain the defense budget.