[lbo-talk] Toxic Fiscalism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 12 08:32:32 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 12:17 PM, Michael Perelman wrote:

> I am with Max here Clinton had eight years. What new initiatives
> did he produce?
> Remember how he ran promising to fix the infrastructure and then
> backed down at the
> Little Rock meeting when informed that the bond market would not
> like it?

That's another issue completely. Where I'm disagreeing with Max is that I think that the tax increases of 1993 had a lasting effect on the budget balance. Rich people were paying more taxes rather than lending the cash to the gov for interest.

And what about the job growth? Why was it three or four times as rapid as during the Bush years?

Doug