[lbo-talk] Jim Hightower: Immigrants come Here Because Globalization Took Their Jobs Back There

MK mkurk at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 10:16:00 PST 2008

Thanks for this. One of the most infuriating exchanges I have been having just these last days is about this topic. A member of my local anti-war groups sees red anytime a discussion of immigration in the context of US history and control of workers is broached. In that person's mind, it is a matter of population control (if you're curious, Google NPG aka Negative Population Growth). Well, OK, I see red, too, because I have grown weary of trying to explain the racism in such anti-immigrant biases.

(sigh)

mk