[lbo-talk] Unproductive labor

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Feb 12 13:31:57 PST 2008

>>> andie nachgeborenen

I think that's hogwash, that capital doesn't care where its profits come from, that the logic of surplus extraction is exactly the same in the case of a a waitress, file clerk, junior associate at a big law firm as it is in the case of an autoworker or textile worker. That's the dispute between us as I understand it.

^^^^^ CB: I agree with you. Do you use the basic concepts of commodity, use-value and exchange-value in trying analyze all that ? Does your discussant think a haircut, a service, is a commodity ?