[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 06:40:45 PST 2008

Chuck0 would rap my knuckles and revoke any membership card I had in the anarchy club -- something I care less and less about everyday anyway -- but for the first time in my life I'm considering voting in the TX Dem primary since it apparently is going to be in play in a huge way.

Main concerns for me are:

1) health care, 2) anti-militaristic foreign policy, 3) repealing the entanglement of religion & state that Bush has effected, 4) strengthening Social Security and supporting, hopefully aiding, unions, OSHA, and enforcing NLRB decisions in a way that helps the working class, 5) less likely to play into neo-liberal (much less neo-con) ideological free trade ideas, 6) aggressively keeping Roe v. Wade intact.

I know there are very narrow parameters here, but of the two - HRC and BHO - which is the better, or should I use the dreaded term, "lesser evil." But, seriously, health care is a HUGE concern. And I've heard from Krugman, et. al., that Hillary's plan is better than Obama. Obama's alarmist Soc. Security rhetoric seemed to come from some GOP quarters -- is he really that worried or will he shore it up and not privatize the fucking thing?

-B.