[lbo-talk] best of/to Carl

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 07:25:05 PST 2008

Apologies for my tardy appreciation of Carl. I heard of his passing while visiting Doug, Liza, and Ivan, with Lou Proyect pouring the whiskey (I had beer, for the record). I was and remained stunned, despite my favorite saying by La Fontaine, "Death never takes the wise man by surprise, he is always ready to go." I'm sure Carl was ready, or at least faced the end stoically. I'd like to think so, anyway.

RIP Carl. And no, I never liked Andrew Dice Clay.

Dennis