[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 07:41:57 PST 2008

>I know there are very narrow parameters here, but of
the two - HRC and BHO - which is the better, or should I use the dreaded term, "lesser evil." But, seriously, health care is a HUGE concern. And I've heard from Krugman, et. al., that Hillary's plan is better than Obama. Obama's alarmist Soc. Security rhetoric seemed to come from some GOP quarters -- is he really that worried or will he shore it up and not privatize the fucking thing?

Obama is explicitly against privatization of SS. He proposes to 'fix' it (which it doesn't need) with a tax on high wage earners. HRC proposes a bipartisan commission to 'fix' it, the inevitable fruit of which would be some combination of tax increases and benefit cuts.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with BHO's health care plan. It's no worse than the others.