[lbo-talk] I'll be voting in TX Dem primary - who should I vote for?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Feb 14 00:20:29 PST 2008

On Wed, February 13, 2008 11:27 pm, Charles Peterson wrote:

> predict what the chances of getting Hillary's plan is. But he very firmly
> believes that if Obama is elected president, we will NOT get universal
> healthcare.

Not at all. The two Dem candidates are slightly less awful than the Rethuglicans, but the only way we're getting universal healthcare is through a Godzilla-sized social movement.

Neither candidate is going to touch the medical-insurance complex with a ten-meter pole. I often disagree with Carrol about tactics, but he's absolutely right about the Dems: they are the faithful servants of Empire.

-- DRR