[lbo-talk] At the Brecht Forum, NYC, 2/21: Is The Economy About to Crash?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 14 17:26:56 PST 2008

A new series of hot button discussions 3rd THURSDAYS

AT THE BRECHT FORUM

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 21ST 7.30 TO 9.30 PM

THE BIG BUST

IS THE ECONOMY ABOUT TO CRASH?

"The United States has developed a new weapon that destroys people but leaves buildings standing. It's called the stock market." – Jay Leno

With the markets gyrating wildly, house prices in freefall, and oil at nearly $100 a barrel, the USeconomy looks to be heading towards the rocks. But is this a major crisis or merely a hiccup that be can be cured with deft maneuvering by the Fed and Treasury? And if we are on the skids, what policies can the left advance to put things right? Don’t just sit at home worrying how you’re going to make your next mortgage payment. Come join the discussion with our stellar panel of experts, including:

Doug Henwood, editor, Left Business Observer

Nomi Prins, author, Other People’s Money

Lewis Lapham, editor, Lapham’s Quarterly

THE BRECHT FORUM 451 WEST STREET/ THE WEST SIDE HIGHWAY (BETWEEN BANK AND BETHUNE IN THE WEST VILLAGE) NEW YORK, NYC 10014

www.brechtforum.org or call 212-242-4201 for more details

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.4/1277 - Release Date: 2/13/2008 8:00 PM