[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:29:59 PST 2008

Aren't these important differences between Obama and Clinton

--he would establish diplomatic relations with Iran --he would not go to war without UN Security Council approval --he would abide by human rights conventions and the International Criminal Court --he would revive diplomatic efforts to reduce nuclear stockpiles --he would be more globally engaged to reduce in a globally fair manner the flow of new greenhouse emissions to its present stock, the result mostly of Western industrialization.

I may well be wrong but it seems to me that there are profound differences between Obama and Clinton if you only let your eyes wander beyond US territorial boundaries.

The US position in the world should be the major issue in this election. Only if it is no concern can one pooh-pooh the historic importance of Obama's candidacy. What's most important here is not electing the first black president but returning the US to the parliament of nations.

Abu Hartal

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/