[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 22:14:39 PST 2008

"You do know, don't you, that Obama has declared himself ready to send u.s. troops into Pakistan if a government unfriendly to the u.s. should emerge there."

You Cox allow one to think that Obama would allow for occupation of Pakistan as Bush is now occupying Iraq. You seem to be saying that Obama would allow for troops to carry out police action not against non state terrorist organizations only but against any government unfriendly to the US. There is a world of difference, and you purposefully obfuscate it.

You are a danger to rational political discussion, and if this were my list, I would ban you, though I fear I would be kicked off before you. The stakes are too high for misrepresentation.

Abu Hartal

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/27/535827.aspx

"Obama added that Al Qaeda now has a base in Pakistan and American intelligence says that the group is stronger there now than they were before 2001. Tying the problem of Pakistan to the war in Iraq, Obama said, “We were distracted from focusing on them. And they are causing us problems, and they are still plotting to do harm to America. And once we have focused on how to stabilize Iraq and reduce our footprint there -- saying no permanent bases, we are not occupying this country -- we will then be in a position to really take on those who actually killed 3,000 Americans. That's what I intend to do as President of the United States." In August, Obama’s reference to talking about Pakistan, most probably refers to an August 2007 speech on counterterrorism in which he argued the United States should strike Pakistan unilaterally if they find actionable intelligence about al-Qaeda terrorist camps there and Pakistan fails to act. The speech was criticized by some as overreaching in terms of foreign policy. But Obama frequently cites it now when pointing to the turmoil in Pakistan to say that he was right. After Obama’s closing argument speech today, his chief media strategist David Axelrod, used the opportunity to criticize Clinton on the same theme, saying that if the United States had not gone to war in Iraq, they would have had more resources to deal with the greater threat in Afghanistan and Pakistan." _________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/