[lbo-talk] Obama/Clinton

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Mon Feb 18 22:20:25 PST 2008

There is another factor to take into account in determining which candidate is most dangerous to the rest of the world. That factor is which is the most competent.

Another way to put it, which candidate is the most dangerous to the US itself?

The Chimp has been the most incompetent in living memory. he's inflicted some serious damage on the USA, he couldn't have done a much better job of harming the US if he had been trying. He's been a GREAT president for the rest of the world. Contrary to your assertion that there's nothing to pick between the last half dozen. The next one has to be worse/better. But the least competent the better as far as the rest the world is concerned.

So what's with this Obama fellow? Hasn't he actually lived outside the USA in his formative years? He might even know how to find other countries on the map? Fairly bright too from all accounts. Sounds dangerous. Obviously a Republican is out of the question, thanks to the Chimp. So the least competent Democrat will have to do. One who defines his relationship with allied nations by threatening to invade them if they vote in the wrong government sounds like he might be able to carry on the Chimp's good work though, but is it just an act? Will he turn out to be a wiley fellow who can actually talk to international leaders without making them simultaneously cringe with embarrassment and seethe with hatred?

Is there anything between the two Democrat rivals on that score, or not? I can't pick it if there is, but one thing you would have to say is that a black president would at least be a hopeful sign to the rest of the world. That's bad. The world really needs to abandon hope that the USA will ever change for the better. But maybe to raise the hopes of the world, only to dash those hopes ruthlessly, would be a useful thing to do in the long run?

Its just so complicated. I think I'll have to abstain from voting... oh, that's right, I don't get a vote anyhow.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas